Friday, July 8, 2011

Disney Update!

I just called my mom to check in on her, she mentioned that she'd like to go and get her hair cut. I told her that I'd get paid on Monday and we could go then. She asked me about when she was getting paid, I told her  at the end of the month and then she asked when she would be getting what she likes to call her "old people money". We are currently filing for disability and social security ("old people money") as a result of her dementia and other illnesses. Its been a long process waiting to receive her benefits but thankfully, her job has had her on medical leave and she still gets paid half of her old salary, which isn't much, but we make due. So, she asks me (she forgets we are filing all the time, so she asks me this a lot) how much she'll receive when we do get approved? I tell her i'm not sure maybe $1000? This time she replied, " Oh wow! Well we can go to Disneyland with all that money!"

No comments:

Post a Comment