Saturday, July 2, 2011

What're you doin today?

I called my mom just now to check in on her,

The bulk of our conversation went like this: 
(Note: My Mom is from Texas. Her accent is very subtle but still there and it's adorable. So read the following with that in mind.)

Mom: "What're you doin' today?"
Kady: " I want to find a free scanner and make a documentary film."
Mom: "A documentary? about what?"
Kady: "You."
Mom: (laughs) "Why?"
Kady: "Cause you're funny."
Mom: (still laughing) "Well will i get to act again?"
Kady: "Yes mommy. You can do whatever you it is you want."

She is excited now and I am too. I got the bright idea this morning to make a documentary about the ALZ/Dementia community. I don't know how or where to start but I've already asked a couple friends that are aspiring film makers to help and they seem to be on board.
I guess the idea is almost is the same as the one behind this little blog here, to find other families, communities, caregivers etc. that we can all learn from.
We'll see how it goes. if anyone had any suggestions. let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment